Trinity Lutheran Church was founded in 1952 by the Church Extension Fund of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. Its first worship service was held in the Symonds School auditorium on December 7, 1952. Two years later the church purchased the property at 28 Arch Street, a ground breaking ceremony was held October 3, 1954, and construction of a chapel known as “West Keene Chapel – Lutheran” commenced. Dedication day was Sunday, May 15, 1955. The bulletin cover that day read “A Neighborhood Church with a Message for the World”. In October 1966, the West Keene Chapel – Lutheran officially changed its name to Trinity Lutheran Church.
Since Trinity’s inception in 1952, God has provided us with faithful Pastors, expanded the ministry to include Christian education, and in 1990 allowed for the addition of a new sanctuary and narthex at the front of the original church building. The original “chapel” and narthex were later converted to office space and Sunday School classrooms.
On October 23, 2011 we conducted a special "closing of our sanctuary" service. We sold the Arch Street property and moved to our new sanctuary at 100 Maple Avenue, Keene.
In November, 2016, we called Pastor Edwin Harkey as our settled pastor.
The Lord has blessed us richly with His Holy Spirit for nearly 65 years as we have worked together to further His Kingdom and bring the saving Gospel of Jesus to this community. For this, we are truly thankful and we pray for His guidance, love and power as we carry out our mission and ministry to the Glory of His Name.